Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My Cloud


What do you do now within your cloud? Om blogs about Apple and Google's plans for cloud computing.

Do you think Google and Apple are preparing a device, "if they really are", that will do what our devices do today? Certainly not.

Jobs with Leopard and Google with their vast army of servers are preparing for the inevitable, the network becoming our friend.

Right now, you are subject to network availability and service providers terms. Some have even gone to the extreme of "don't criticize us or else", and so I don't lose my service, I won't sAy Their name To you.

There will be a day and age when the network is at your beck and call. Gbps speeds right down to your handset, device, or wearable item. I'd like this kind of availability to be ready today but that's a dream. It's getting there but that kind of throughput isn't going to happen in the next 3-5 years.

Which leads me back to My Cloud...

It will change over the years and I'll add similar services like Spinvox, Thinkature, and maybe even SnifLabs to my cloud but after a while, I'll only consume so much. 10 years down the line, the appetite for technology and services will have changed from us to the next generation. There the new services will lie and they'll be nothing like we've seen so far.

What do you think the next generation cloud of services will look like?

5tacos

No comments: